I am sooooo happy to introduce you to my friend, MsKathy:
1. What was the 1st Twilight FanFiction that you read? Did it only entice you to read more? Why or why not?
The first fic I ever read was Moonlight Over Manka's. Oh, it made me dive in head first. So many people know this story already, but because I found fanfic through that story, and then browsed from the main FFn web page, I had no idea there were M-rated stories for months. I read a LOT of sweet t-rated fic.
2. What are you most looking forward to at the Twific Meet Up?
Lots and lots of hugs, and alcohol, and gambling, and buffets (we're keeping it real here, right?), and more hugs. Oh, and the giggles.
3. Are you a reader or a writer, or both?
-If you're a writer, what genre(s) do you mainly write?
-If you're a reader, what genre(s) do you mainly read?
I am absolutely BOTH. I mainly write... wait, I don't think i can pick a genre. If I have to generalize, I mainly write romantic erotica. The nitty gritty varies frequently (from pairing and gender and sexuality and quantity of people... etc).
I love to read everything -- still dig those sweet t-rated fics I started with, love smutty goodness, and everything in between. A well-written story will make me forget who I am, why I'm awake, and why the people that seem to live with me are so damned demanding. The list of fics I won't read is much shorter.
4. Have you ever been to Vegas before? If yes, tell us what you loved/hated most about it. If you haven't been, what are you most excited to see - or on the opposite side of the spectrum - what are you most worried about when visiting Vegas? (I'm worried about excessive sweating, tbh.)
HELL YES. As a former Californian, I have been to Vegas more times than I can count. I love the vibe the city has, but hate the smoke-filled casinos (the smoke part, not the casino part). Honestly, I never go to Vegas for the sites (unless I have MiniMe with me -- the fountains at Bellagio are our favorite, hands down, at night! I SWOON). I go for the booze, the gambling, the abso-fucking-lutely fascinating people-watching, and the buffets. I'm a simple girl with simple needs.
5. Have any pets? Kids? If so, tell us how many and their breeds (the dogs, people, the dogs). We love animals! (Well, I do.) (And kids, too!)
One giant cat, one insane hamster, one incredibly smart and beautiful child, and one nerd-tastic husband.
6. What did you think of The Hunger Games movie? WHAT?! WE ALL SAW IT DIDN'T WE?! (Just kidding. Psst...go ahead and answer it if you want to, I won't care.)
OH GOD don't kick me out, I have not read the books (yet), nor seen the movie. *hides in the corner*
If you could be one FicBella, FicEdward, FicEmmett, FicJasper or FicAlice (you get the picture-pick any character) for one day - which one would it be? (I would totes be FicEdward in @TruceOver's A Tale of Two Cities)
OOOHHHHH SHIT SOPHIE'S CHOICE.
I spent ten minutes writing out my answer, thinking of a different fic/reason, erasing my original answer and re-writing... at least five times.
The truth is, there has been such a vast array of deep, meaningful characters written in this fandom. I think I would be lucky to take any of their places for a day, because the majority of authors here truly respect their characters and take them on compelling, heartfelt journeys. I would be glad to step into their shoes and experience the magic touch of amazingly gifted writers.
THANK YOU LADIES for all of your hard work and dedication to this meetup. I know it hasn't been easy, but I hope you will look back after the event and think it was worth it.
Can't wait to squeeze you in Vegas, bb. :)
Please email your spotlight to email@example.com. Time is running out! HURRY!